The Late Mr.Roger Thomas was a renowned consultant in the Sewn Product Industry. He had over 50 years of experience in Apparel Manufacturing across over 20 countries. Having started his career as a management trainee, he had held various positions from Trainee to General Manager in reputed companies across Europe and South Africa. After 20 years of rich production experience, he started his own consultancy company, Methods Workshop, and had been working in areas of productivity improvement ever since.
The Late Mr.Roger was awarded a Fellowship at the Clothing and Footwear Institute (FCFI) in 1984. Since then, he had been the Chairman of the Clothing Institute, Natal Branch, a member of the ATDC advisory board, a member of the technical committee of AMH Sector Skill Council, and an honorary consultant for AEPC.
His areas of specialisation are listed below:
- Setting Ethical Standard Times – The base of the business
- Real time Production Management controls
- Improving fabric utilisation
- Setting up incentive payments
- Line balancing
- Training programs for all levels
- Turnkey projects
- Quality systems
- Setting up Work Study departments
- Advising management on their current productivity levels and how they can be improved
- Skill development, assessment and accreditation